Dental procedures in Thailand are being sought by many foreigners as the cost of oral care becomes more expensive in the United States and other Western countries. According to a June 2010 report by Barbara Bloom and Robin A published in the National Center for Health Statistics Data Brief, in 2008 of the 172 million people who had private insurance, approximately 26 percent of them had no dental coverage. That makes it a whopping 45 million people without dental cover in the United States.
In Thailand, dental work is performed at a fraction of the price charged in First World countries. The leading dental clinics in Thailand are world-renowned for their high medical standards and expert staff, making traveling to the Southeast Asian a great option for patients who seek to cut medical costs.
Advantages of Getting Dental Work in Thailand
- Many dentists in Thailand have undergone extensive training in Europe and North America.
- Due to the low cost of living and presence of numerous dental facilities competing with each other for adding to their international clientele, one can receive discount dental work in Thailand.
- Thousands of medical tourists visit Thailand, so the staffs in the leading medical centers of the country are well aware of the special needs of the foreign patients.
- The country abounds with JCI-accredited and ISO-certified hospitals.
- Thailand’s leading hospitals invest in advanced dental equipment so that their patients receive comfortable care.
- The renowned dental clinics in Thailand follow strict sanitary and safety standards.
- You can also find dental clinics with multilingual staff in Thailand.
- Another advantage of getting mouth restorations, teeth implants, bridges and dental implants in Thailand is that one gets prompt medical attention. The long waiting lists synonymous with healthcare systems of the US and the UK are virtually absent in Thailand. This is especially beneficial to patients who are experiencing excruciating dental pain.
- Thailand has many things to offer to its visitors – right from sunny beaches with warm water to authentic Thai restaurants, peaceful Buddhist temples to bustling outdoor markets and luxurious spas.
Cost of Dental Work in Thailand
- Dental works, including getting dental bridges, crowns, veneers and teeth implants, cost in Thailand is much lower than the costs quoted for like-procedures in the United States.
- Dental procedures in Thailand are inexpensive even after taking into consideration travel and food costs, since the cost of living in Thailand is low.
- It is recommended to create a set budget for food and other travel expenses before you travel abroad.
- There are many affordable means of transportation to get around in Thailand, including buses, trains and water taxis.
Traveling to Thailand – Some Tips
- When deciding on a dental clinic to visit, don’t sacrifice quality for affordable dental work. Make sure to thoroughly research the dental clinics you’re interested in visiting.
- If you see a large crowd or political demonstration, walk away. Political demonstrations in Thailand are known to turn violent.
- Watch out for pickpockets in crowded areas.
- Ornate Buddhist temples are a popular tourist attraction. Many tourists enjoy a Buddhist spiritual experience in the sanctum sanctorum of a temple. If you visit a temple, make sure to wear conservative clothing and remove your shoes before entering.
Dental Tourism in Thailand
- According to a World Health Organization report, Thailand accepted approximately 420,000 medical tourists into the country in 2007.
- There has been tremendous growth of dental tourism in Thailand over the years, due in part to the affordable dental work performed by expert dentists.
- Dental tourists are attracted by the combination of low treatment prices, experienced dentists and the perks of an international vacation.
- One added benefit of receiving dental treatment in Thailand is that patients who suffer from dental anxiety can relax in one of the country’s numerous comfortable spas after treatment.
Dental work in Thailand could be a viable option for those patients who want to get rid of the ailments plaguing their teeth but cannot afford the required treatments in their native countries. More and more people are traveling to Thailand to enjoy a tropical vacation while they receive high quality dental care.